Personal Jwellery (Gold & Silver) per Zakat

• Work-from-home

debator

Mar 20, 2011
UAE
AssalamuAlaikum,

Poochna yeh hai ka kiya PERSONAL JWELLERY (GOLD & Silver) per ZAKAT Jaez hai ya Nahi.

Answers should be in support of Quranic Verses/Ahadith.

saviou

Aug 23, 2009
AssalamuAlaikum,

Poochna yeh hai ka kiya PERSONAL JWELLERY (GOLD & Silver) per ZAKAT Jaez hai ya Nahi.

Answers should be in support of Quranic Verses/Ahadith.
Wa Alaykum Assalam Wrwb :)

janab personal jwellery chahe wo gold ho ya silver agar nisab tak pahunchta hai aur ek saal pura hojata hai to phir uski zakat zaroori hai aur agar hamare paas itna maal hai paison ki shakal me chahe wo rupees me hon riyal me ya dollar me agar insab ka jama sade sath tola ya phir naye toal k hisab se 85 gr sona k barabar hon to phir us par bhi zakat hogi

mazeed dalail aur maloomat k liye ap ye threads par nazar dalen :)

http://www.tafrehmela.com/zakat/167079-ahkaam-e-zakat.html#post1316196

http://www.tafrehmela.com/zakat/99397-zakah-sadaqah.html

jazakallah khair

debator

Mar 20, 2011
UAE
JazakhAllah Saviou bhai for the answer.

ACtually Today i come to know that there is also difference of Opinion between 4 Aimah Kirams on the issue that Zakat to be paid on Personal Jewellery (Gold+ Silver) or not.

According to Imam Abu Hanifa : Zakat must be paid on Personal Jewellery

According to Imam Malik, Ahmed and Shafae : No need to Pay zakat on Personal Jewellery.

in this matter Imam Abu Hanifa opinion are on the safer site supported by the following Ahadith.

It is reported that a woman came to the Prophet (may Allah bless him and his Household and grant them peace) with a daughter of hers. On the daughter's arm were two thick bracelets of gold. He asked her, "Do you give the zakat of this?" She said, "No." He said, "Would it please you for Allah to put them around you as bracelets of fire on the Day of Resurrection?" Thereupon, she removed them and threw them before the Prophet (may Allah bless him and his Household and grant them peace), saying, "They are for [the cause of] Allah and His messenger."

[Narrated by Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, Ahmad and others.
Hafiz Ibn Hajar said, in Bulugh al-Maram, "Its isnad is strong."]

`A'ishah (may Allah be pleased with her), the wife of the Prophet (may Allah bless him and his Household and grant them peace), says, "The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and his Household and grant them peace) entered upon me and saw bands ( i.e. rings without any stones) of silver on [the fingers of] my hand. He said, "What is this, O `A'ishah?!" I replied, "I put them on to make myself beautiful for you, O Messenger of Allah!" He said, "Do you pay their zakat?" I said, "No." He said, "They are sufficient for you [as a share] of the Fire [of Hell]."

[Narrated by Abu Dawud]

All other three Aimah Kiram are taking the ruling on personal jugdments or on qol of some sahaba kirams but once clear Ahadith are present any qol should be consider as individual and ruling will be taken from Hadith which Imam Abu Hanifa is exavtly doing in this matter.

Allah knows the best